Friday, April 10, 2009

I've died and gone to......Georgia?







While I am admittedly not a big fan of the "south" my trip to Talladega and last weeks road trip to Augusta have started to temper my opinion, maybe, no not really. However, Augusta National and the Masters are unlike anything I have ever encountered. Words, pictures and television do not begin to do justice to the beauty and difficulty of the golf course. A few pictures which I snapped along the way including Magnolia Lane, Amen Corner and me hanging out where I belong.
I would also like to thank the individuals who gave me the one finger salute as I weaved and tailgated my way south, for the record the left hand lane is for passing not traveling!!!
It is also very clear that folks south of the Mason-Dixon line are not usually in a hurry to serve you, answer your questions or provide feedback in a manner consistent with those of us who try to be productive; at least they are friendly.
I would commend the Augusta National Golf Club, anytime you go to a major event where people pay huge amounts of money to attend and the most expensive food item is $2.50 for a club sandwich you are trying to take care of the people, well done. In fact an entire lunch with a beer was no more than $6 including desert, amazing how much we have all become accustomed paying $8 for a side of potato salad.
Anyways it was a fantastic trip and I would tell any golfer to make the trip to Augusta if and when you ever have the opportunity. It is an amazing place that lives up to the billing in a day and age when few things do. Happy Easter, I'll be back next week to share my dislike of the IRS and with the start of the summer golf season. Summer is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment