Thursday, April 2, 2009




The SOB is off to a tremendous start, two days of basketball at the Garden including an amazing finish in the Villanova/Pitt game have set the bar pretty high for the next couple of months. Guinness consumption for the last 7 days totals 43, thankfully it's almost time for a "summer" beer. I have made a few observations during my first week including but not limited to:
- Daytime television is amazingly bad
- The studio audience at the Price is Right is either much smaller than I thought or they have moved filming to a high school auditorium
- The news at noon could be done in 5 minutes allowing for more amazingly bad daytime TV
- Traffic is always bad even at 11am
- It's a really nice feeling to have an entire day with no plans
- Bowling alleys are suprisingly quiet during the day, I can see why The Dude always had a caucasian in his hands
- Lunch is always better when you've done something productive that morning
I'm getting ready for a big roadtrip, heading home for a couple of days and then on to Augusta and a chance to check an item off the list with a visit to Augusta National and the Masters. Since I will be able to take a camera with me during the practice round so I expect to have plenty of
pictures upon my return. The Buttermilk5 is also getting ready for another season on the diamond and as you can see here http://www.buttermilkfive.blogspot.com/ ticket sales are brisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment